If you haven’t seen Stranger Things, then it’s time for you to catch up on the biggest phenomenon of 2016. This Netflix original premiered in July and became an instant sensation. With its incredible cinematography, cast, and storyline, it’s easy to see why.
Set in the 1980’s, Stranger Things tells the story of the small, rural town of Hawkins, Indiana and the supernatural events that occur there following the disappearance of a young boy. Each episode becomes increasingly more eerie as the investigation discovers that this was no ordinary disappearance and something far more serious is occurring. Reminiscent of classic 80’s films, such as E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, The Goonies, and others, Stranger Things is a blast from the past that proves to be exactly what the world needs right now.
Led by a cast of primarily children, Stranger Things is new, exciting, and captivating for viewers. With the help of seasoned actors, Wynona Ryder, Matthew Modine, and the incredible David Harbour (my favorite!!), Stranger Things is not to be missed. Unlike other shows currently on TV, this series has little graphic violence and sexual content, and so it truly puts all of its focus into the character development and the dialogue of the storyline. It is simple, yet complicated, and oh so exhilarating. To tell you the truth, I wasn’t going to even watch it. I don’t like anything scary and sci-fi is not my favorite genre; however, I got talked into watching and boy oh boy am I glad that I did. It is truly an excellent show.
Stranger Things returns for season 2 this Halloween and with the premiere of the first teaser trailer on Super Bowl Sunday, my love for this show has come back with a resurgence of excitement looking forward to what comes next. So, let’s recap with some of the stories I’m most excited about learning more about: (SPOILER ALERT – DO NOT CONTINUE READING UNLESS YOU HAVE WATCHED THE FIRST SEASON IN ITS ENTIRETY)
- Will Byers is back and the kids have never been happier; however, life looks like it’s about to get a whole lot worse for poor little Will as he is suffering the effects of his captivity in the toxic world of the Upside Down.
- Elle is gone… for now. But we all know she’ll be back before we know it. After all, Chief Jim Hopper didn’t leave an Eggo waffle in the woods for nothing!
- Speaking of Hopper, he made some kind of deal with Hawkins lab, but we don’t know what it was. In the finale, he is picked up by a mysterious car outside of the hospital and it appears that whatever the deal was, he’s in deep with some very unpleasant people.
- Dr. Brenner (aka Papa) – did he make it out of the school alive? My guess is yes!
- Nancy’s back with Steve… not Jonathan Byers. What the hell, Nancy???
As you can see, we’ve got plenty of storyline to look forward to and questions to ponder while we anxiously wait for October 31. One thing I know for sure is Stranger Things season 2 will be quite a ride.
Photo Credit (Featured Image): Pinterest